Gentle Touch is an educational community program designed to instruct family caregivers in basic care of bed-bound, dependent loved ones following an illness, hospitalization, or at the end of life.
The mission of Gentle Touch promotes:
- Understanding how to properly care for a dependent, bed-bound person which is important to family caregivers (as well as others).
- Knowledge and hands-on experience to help diminish the fear of caring for loved ones during illnesses and at the end of life.
- Confidence in appropriate care and techniques to provide a more rewarding experience for caregivers and patients.
- Supporting safe, compassionate care in the setting of a patient’s choice.
Gentle Touch is intended for and open to:
- Any adult (18+) who wants to learn how to provide personal care
- Individuals who are able and willing to participate in hands-on demonstrations
- People who are comfortable with (or want to become comfortable with) providing intimate care to loved ones
- Participants who want to care for their loved one in the comfort of a private residence for as long as they are able.
“The Gentle Touch Program offered by Caring Choices is an excellent opportunity for caregivers to gain the knowledge and hands-on experience to better tend to their loved ones during serious illness.” – Kathryn Giorgini DO, Palliative Medicine of Evangelical
Gentle Touch is designed and led by Jim Desiderati RN, a retired 25-year nurse with over a decade’s experience in hospice care. Gentle Touch provides a hospital bed and over-the-bed table for actual hands-on demonstrations.
To schedule a Gentle Touch presentation in your community (service group, church, school, etc.), please contact Jim at 570-428-2020 or via email at Nurse@CaringChoices.org
©2018 Caring Choices/Gentle Touch Program